Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Work In Progress Wednesday v.13

Ah, lucky #13.  I can't believe it's been 13 weeks already. Weird fact:   I did my first WIPW the day after I started blogging.  I also can't believe that I'm still working on the same blinking sweater that I had featured in my very first installment of WIPW.  I promise that it doesn't always take me 3 months to knit a sweater.  This one just had a few umm... special challenges?

Speaking of special challenges -- remember last week, when I accidentally knit my boyfriend a tutu on the bottom of his sweater?  Yeah, good times.  Anyway, further investigation revealed that I had picked up 218 stitches on top of the cabled band (the right number) and 257 stitches on the bottom (the wrong number).  Out it came.  I frogged the whole band and started over.   This time I ended up with 217 stitches, which seems a much more sensible number.

So, to recap, here's where we were last week:


And here's where we are this week:


Much improved, I think (crap photo notwithstanding -- sorry!).  Now, all that's left to do is to seam one sleeve, hem one sleeve and put in a zipper (ordered tonight from zipperstop).  I'd say that we're pretty much in the clear at this point, but then God would decide I've gotten too big for my britches and I'd end up with an exploding zipper or some such.  So, instead I'll just say I'm happy with this week's progress.

I'm also about to head off to Moab for a long weekend with Mr. Right and our friend A.  Hopefully, I'll get to do some knitting in the evenings (or even in the car?) on this trip, and have a good start on a new project.  We'll see...

Other folks are knitting like their lives depend on it and are logging their progress over at Tami's blog.  Go check 'em out!

3 comments:

  1. progress is progress. Slowly, but surely you are getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! You fixed it! That is so amazingly awesome and it looks great!!! Have a great time on your trip. I bet you can't wait to start something new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tutu did have a certain quirky charm, but I bet he likes the new & improved version even better :-)

    ReplyDelete