Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Blog Hub Swap -- Day 1


It's no secret that I've been working  like a crazy person to put together a swap package for my person in the Blog Hub Swap.  I've been so focused, in fact, that I completely forgot that someone was sending *me* a box.  So I was slightly confused and then enormously excited last night when I saw that the FedEx driver had left a slip on my door about a package. 

I signed the slip, and when I got home today, I found this on the front porch:

Either Chrissy from Stitched Together has managed a way to keep box and biscuit together on a transatlantic voyage, or my dog is having some sort of clandestine relationship with the FedEx guy.  Either way, the biscuit was a funny touch.

Anyway, as I was saying... I've had the enormous good fortune to have been sent a box of beautiful goodies:

From Chrisssy at Stitched Together, who I've gotten to know and very much like through bloggy things.  In addition to being a great knitter and blogger, she's also a talented designer.  I feel like I've won the swap partner jackpot!


It was all I could do not to tear every single silvery packet open all at once, but I managed.  As directed, I opened the envelope first, to find this very cool card with a sweet note inside.



 And then, since my packages weren't nunbered, I picked this one to start:



Inside was the cutest little shopping bag pouch attached to a carabiner.



And tucked inside the pouch was this awesome bag that I fully intend to stuff to the brim next week at Stitches West.  It's the absolute perfect thing for me to take along on my trip.



 Clearly, this woman has been doing her homework!  Thank you, Chrissy!

Really, I can't forget that I still have about an hour's work to do on my partner's package.  I'm hoping she's as happy with hers as I am with mine. 

Come back tomorrow to see what's behind door #2.  For the moment, I'm going to hop in the car with Mr. Right and head up to the mountains for a nighttime sleigh ride and dinner at a ranch.  I'm pretty excited about that, too.

See you tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. I can assure you, the biscuit wasn't from me LOL. I'm glad you like your first gift. Thanks for taking the photo of all the parcels, I forgot to, and I was sad because I was quite proud of my wrapping skills!

    It's nice to see the bag opened up too, as I didn't want to get it out and not be able to fit it back in again without scrunching.

    I was so pleased when I got to make up the box for you, as I feel like I've got to know you pretty well over the last year or so, and it's nice to put presents together for someone you like ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! I have been bad about being on Ravelry very much and forgot about the Blog Hub Swap :( Enjoy all your goodies and your evening out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a clever bag :-) And I wonder what's the story with the random dog biscuit ... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bag, and the wrapping! I'm thoroughly enjoying seeing everyone open their packages.

    And maybe one of your next door neighbors left the bone for your dog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful bag! I can't wait to see what you get on Day #2. For now, I will sit in my plague house feeling jealous about your sleigh ride ; ) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some amazing wrapping skills! The bag is so adorable! The FedEx guy for my parent's house always has a treat for our dog, even though he has to drive down a mile long dirt driveway to get to us.

    ReplyDelete