Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday v.121

Greetings from the land of Brrrrrrrr!  Winter weather has finally arrived around these parts and it has gone from unusually pleasant to freakishly cold in very short order.  I'm having trouble adjusting.  As I type, I'm huddled up to the fireplace (Mr. Right is traveling on business tonight, or I'd be snuggled up to him), and wearing ALL THE CLOTHES.

I'm also knitting.  True facts, people.  When last we met, I was just about finished with sock #1.  And now, just two short weeks later, I'm just about to turn the heel on sock #2. 



Not bad considering that in between I hosted Mr. Right's parents for 5 days and cooked a ginormous Thanksgiving dinner for 8 people.  Well actually, I cooked dinner for 20-ish people, but there were 8 folks in attendance.  Leftovers, anyone?

I'm hoping I can crank through the rest of sock #2 and make it back here for FO Friday, but that might be cutting it just a little bit close.  We'll see.

Now, it's true confession time.  And boy is it embarrassing.  Remember that Austin Hoodie that I'd just barely started a couple of weeks ago?  I had to put it aside.  Why, you ask?  Well, it calls for a knitted hem.  And it's been sooooooooo long since I've done one that I have to take the time to consult the tutorial.  That I wrote.  Seriously.  I have to go read a tutorial that I wrote 2 years ago to remember how to construct a knitted hem.  That is all kinds of pathetic, my friends.  I don't even have children yet, so I have no excuse for the fact that my brain seems to have liquefied and trickled out my left ear.  I plan on pulling it out tomorrow, and will give it a shot.  I hear it's a pretty good tutorial.
 
Oh, and remember how I was all excited about making homemade mozzarella?  Well.  It was a spectacular failure.  I've no idea what went awry, but when all was said and done and I'd followed very carefully all of the detailed directions, I had slightly sour milk.  Undeterred, I've signed up to take a cheesemaking class on December 9.  I'm hoping for actual cheese this time, but you never know.

In other news, we decorated for Christmas:



Yay! 

ps.  Go check out all the cool craftiness that's happening over at WIPW this week. 


10 comments:

  1. Your sock looks great, you are really cranking away on them! Maybe you have stress brain? That's what I blame since now my kids are too old for me to blame my forgetfulness on them. Of course, you are not not alone. Every single time I do Kitchner stitch I watch the video. EVERY TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you on the sock progress ;) I know what you mean about the cold weather too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurry up and finish that sock. It will certainly brighten any cold day : ) Thank you for the lovely thank you card! Your Chrissy decorations look great. I'm almost inspired to go pull ours out... Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sock looks great. They will make winter a little brighter. Good luck with the hem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i bet you're in a hurry to get those socks off your needles and on your feet! It's gotten stupidly cold here in the Midwest also,and i cannot get my hands on enough wool to stay warm. You holiday decorations look lovely and oh, so festive! I adore this time of year... just not the temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sock! At least you HAVE a written tutorial to refer back to. More often than not I place misguided faith in my ability to "remember what I did, it wasn't that hard". Not that it is likely I would follow my written directions anyway. Homemade mozzarella...that has been on my radar lately. Seems like every recipe I see requires the use of a microwave, which we ditched quite some time ago. Can't wait to hear about the class.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your cheese failure-- however, the happy-almost-finished sock is a good substitute for cheese... I think ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, I remember that knitted hem tutorial! That was actually how I found your blog. And yes, I highly recommend it :) Sock #2 is looking great. Congrats on successfully hosting your first Thanksgiving as a married couple!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your knitted sock, it's nice and perfect for your decorations. The colors are also catchy and beautiful. It is truly enjoyable to knit stuffs like this for winter season.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will try to remember to wear mine from the same yarn next time I see you. My pattern was a bit different.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete