Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

FO Friday - Two in a Row Edition

Take notice folks, pigs are flying and hell very likely just froze over.  In other news, I've completed another knitting project this week, for a total of TWO in a row.  I know, right?  I can't believe it myself.

It turns out that the Burberry Inspired Cowl is a very quick knit, and I kitchenered (that's totally a verb, don't judge me) my fingers off at lunch today and wore my new cowl home.  Take a look...

Pretty cute, no?  And also very useful if I decide to turn to a life of crime...

Or if the temperature plummets below zero again any time soon.

Anyway, I'm super pleased with it.  My yarn was a bit thicker than the pattern called for, so 21" (the usual length for this) showed up at around 3.5 repeats of the pattern.  The loose cables look really cool, but the super-wide-8-stitch cables left holes that wouldn't go away no matter how tightly I pulled.  It was annoying, but they don't show up when I'm wearing it and there's really no danger of freezing to death.  That baby is WARM. 

I'm about to give it a good dunking, not because it's scratchy (the alpaca is really pretty soft), but because it makes me smell a little bit lot like a big, hairy (but also very soft and cuddly) alpaca.  Here's hoping a good dose of soak will cure that.

For now, I'm going to go cast on some mini mochi socks, because I can't stand not knitting with it any longer.  It's just too squishy and pretty.

For more yarny success stories, head over to FO Friday and see what everyone else is up to!

Happy Weekend, everybody!

9 comments:

  1. I've had this cowl saved for a while. I think it just moved up my queue! It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow I love the way that sits! Its beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great on you! I think it's perfect.

    What scent of Soak do you use? I've been wording how this product is. I have sensitive skin so try to stay away from heavy perfume scents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out great! Maybe one of these days I'll get around to making a cowl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific job on the cowl! I especially like the criminal mug shot! Nothing beats alpaca for cozy warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cowl! How fun to finish it up and wear it home.
    I'm glad to know that mini mochi is soft. Self-striping yarn is on my current yarn shopping list and I was hoping to find some that is not scratchy. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the cowl! The mug shot is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cowl! It looks so cozy!

    I agree with you- kitchenered IS a verb!

    ReplyDelete