Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

FO Friday -- BAM! POW! Edition

I really did do some knitting this summer, and I actually managed to finish a few projects!  I know, right?  I don't quite believe it either.  I even learned a thing or two along the way.  Bonus!  See, a while back I learned that I really like doing two-handed stranded colorwork.  Then I learned that I really hate doing it on dpns.  It's so fiddly!  And annoying. 

But then, on a field trip to the Loopy Ewe, I found myself an 8"(!) circular needle, and immediately cast on for Fightin' Words.  I've been dying to knit this pattern for ages, but was holding out (see "fiddly" and "annoying", above).  The timing was good too, since I'd just been assigned an awesome partner for a swap on Ravelry and wanted to do something special for her.  I was a little worried about the teensy needle, but it wasn't too hard to handle and it made the colorwork so, so much faster.  I also learned how to catch floats without putting my knitting down, which sped things up considerably.  Really, they were a win all around.

And voila!



I LOVE the way they turned out so much that I was a little sad to send them off.  At least I can take comfort in the fact that they went to such a knit-worthy home.  Unfortunately, since they were gifted I only have the one picture of them, but something tells me there may be another pair of these in my future.  I want some, too! 

That's it for me, since we're heading up to the mountains for a weekend of camping with dogs and friends.


Yay, camping!  But go check out FO Friday and Fiber Arts Friday for loads of other inspiring craftiness.  Then go have an amazing weekend, k?


9 comments:

  1. I LOVE those mitts! I'm not ready for that level of colorwork yet so I really enjoy seeing it when others knit the beautiful designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAM! POW! and certainly a WOW!!! How cool is that, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to learn proper colorwork. I don't think it'll be difficult other than knowing which way to trap floats and the fiddly part of it :) I bought a couple kits to help this endeavor along.

    The mitts look fun, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mitts! I am feeling the urge to jump into the colorwork camp myself lately... have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are awesome! Your colourwork tension looks really good, so YAY you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just adore this designer.... you know she's in the Denver area?? Love her!! Nice job on the mitts.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha...Adam West was a childhood crush for me! Giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mitts! They do look very fiddily and annoying. Which probably made them even more special to the recipient.
    Hope you were able to squeeze one more weekend out of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those mitts are great - I'm impressed you could gift them :)

    ReplyDelete