Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

FO Friday -- Beret du Swap Edition

Woot!  Two posts in a single week, my friends!  What's up with that?  I honestly have no idea, but I'm hoping it signals the start of a trend.  I'm proud to say that I actually have a finished piece of knitwear to show off, which feels great after working with big projects on tiny needles for sooooooooo long. 

I'm taking part in a swap for one of the Ravelry groups I belong to, and so decided to knit my swappee a fingering weight beret.  I know, right?  Crazy pants.  But I'd been eying this pattern in Coastal Knits for ages, and had the perfect yarn just sitting in my stash not doing anything.  It seemed like fate. 



The pattern is Rustling Leaves, and it's really a joy to knit.  The lace pattern is pretty intuitive for the most part, and it goes quickly.  I really love the way it turned out, so much so that I couldn't resist trying it on. 



It fit me and my wee little head just a smidge too big, so I'm guessing it'll be a good fit for a normal-sized human head.  I gotta say, I'm a little sorry to see it go, but on the upside, I threw the rest of the skein on my trusty yarn scale and I actually have enough left to knit one for me.  I might just do that.

That's all from this little corner of the woods this week.  I'm gonna go dive back into my Ptarmigan cowl so I can have that to show off next week.  This finishing projects business is pretty cool.  Until then, I'll see you over at FO Friday and Fiber Arts Friday.  Happy weekend, y'all!

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I'm glad you have enough yarn to make yourself one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!! You know you've made a lovely swap present when you are loath to part with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pretty Paula. I might just have to try a beret now that I don't need hats for actual warmth. Which yarn is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, BB! It's Valley Yarns Charlemont (merino, silk, nylon) in the Birdget Blue colorway. Okay, not really. It's called Deep Sea, but it's SO you.

      Delete
  4. Love it. I have been on a beret kick lately, so will have to mark that one for future consideration. Yeah for leftovers enough to use for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. its beautiful ! yay you have enough to knit one for you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That beret is perfect and will be a perfect swap gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did I miss this post? Gorgeous beret. I absolutely love the colour. You make amazing gifts... But then I knew that already ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. The beret is lovely! Such a pretty design. Hope that you get to make yours soon.

    ReplyDelete